The Przemyśl Fortress Exhibition at the National Museum of the Przemyśl Land
The subject of the permanent exhibition "The Przemyśl Fortress – 1854-1915” is the history of the construction of the Przemyśl fortifications from the 1850s until the year 1914, as well as the history of the battles for the Przemyśl Fortress from 26 September 1914 until the end of the third siege on 6 June 1915.
- The construction of the fortress in the years 1854-1914.
- Everyday life in the Przemyśl Fortress before the outbreak of World War I.
- Aviation in the Przemyśl Fortress (airports in Hureczko, Żurawica and Buczkowice, military air operations of Russian air forces over Przemyśl).
- First siege - 26 September -11 October 1914.
- Second siege - 5 November 1914 - 22 March 1915
- Everyday life in the Przemyśl Fortress in the period of fighting.
- Russian occupation - 22 March - 31 May 1915
- Third siege - 18 May – 3 June 1915
One of the main assumptions is presenting the history of the fortress and the military operations connected with it in combination with the history of Przemyśl and its inhabitants from the second half of the 19th century until the end of fighting in 1915. In addition, the exhibition, due to the chronological order of its individual parts, plays an important educational function.
Opening hours of the Main Building: pl. Berka Joselewicza 1, 37- 700 Przemyśl
Tuesday: 10.30 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.
Wednesday: 10.00 a.m. - 2.00 p.m. (admission free)
Thursday: 9.00 a.m. - 3.00 p.m.
Friday: 10.30 a.m. - 5.30 p.m.
Saturday: 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
Sunday: 11.00 a.m. - 3.00 p.m.
More information on the website of the National Museum of the Przemyśl Land: http://muzeum.przemysl.pl
Modyfikował: | Data modyfikacji: 14-03-2012 13:57