25.5 °C
  • PL
  • EN
  • DE
×

Wyszukaj w serwisie

Przemyśl Fortified Region

Shortly before the Second World War broke out two aggressor countries, namely  Nazi Germany and Stalin’s Soviet Union, had concluded the secret agreement on the drawing of new spheres of influence in Europe. Poland, surrounded by enemies and invaded in September 1939, was torn in two by  the two occupants.

In 1940, despite the officially declared friendship with the Nazis, the Soviets started  the construction of fortifications, including more than two and a half thousand reinforced concrete bunkers,  along their new western border. Those fortifications  became  commonly known as the Molotov Line much later. They were named after Vyacheslav Molotv (real name Skriabin), the Soviet Union Prime Minister, Foreign Minister and a signatory of the Ribbentrop –Molotov Pact, who, in 1940 , signed the  death sentence for thousands of imprisoned Polish officers and policemen. The 4500 kilometre long Molotov Line stretched from the Carpathian Mountains to the Baltic Sea. It was divided into 13 Fortified Regions consisting of defence centres.

The southernmost one was the Przemyśl Fortified Region, with its centre in the city of Przemyśl. It stretched from Bieszczady Mountains in the south to Sieniawa in the north, and its main task was to defend the  bridges and fords on the San River.

Dariusz Hop

Molotov Linie

 

Fortified regions:
1. Telšiai fortified region 
2. Šiauliai fortified region 
3. Kaunas fortified region 
4. Alytus fortified region 
5. Grodno fortified region 
6. Osowiec fortified region 
7. Zambrów fortified region
8. Brest fortified region 
9. Kovel fortified region 
10. Volodymyr-Volyns'kyi fortified 
11. Kamyanka-Buzka (Kamionka Strumiłowa) fortified region 
12. Rawa Ruska fortified 
13. Przemyśl fortified region 
 


Przemyśl

The Molotov Line sites in Przemyśl:

1. Ruins of the double embrasure concrete combat bunker for side fire at Sanocka Street.
2. Double embrasure artillery traditor above  Sanocka Street, at Krzemieniec.
3. Four embrasure concrete combat bunker for double side fire with a combat and observation dome at the Marshal Józef Piłsudski Waterfront near the Gromada Hotel.
4. Single room fortification for side fire at the President W. Wilson Waterfront by the Bridge named after R. Siwiec.
5. Three embrasure concrete combat bunker for side fire with a combat and observation dome at Sanowa Street.
6. Single room fortification for head fire at Sanowa Street at entrenchment number 3.
7. Three embrasure concrete combat bunker for side fire at Słoneczna.
8. Single room fortification for side fire at Wiejska Street at entrenchment number 2.
9. Concrete combat bunker for head fire at Kokosza Street.
10. Concrete combat bunker for side fire at Wilczańska Street.
11. Concrete combat bunker for side fire at  Szańcowa Street at entrenchment number  1.
12. Concrete combat bunker for head fire at Sybiraków Street..
13. Concrete combat bunker for side fire at  XX “Przekopana” Fort.
14. Single room fortification for head fire at Piaskowa nad Wiarem Street.
15. Concrete combat bunker for double side fire with a combat and observation dome at Piaskowa Street, on the premises of a sewage treatment plant.
16. Single room fortification for head fire at Mała nad Wiarem Street.
17. Concrete combat bunker for head fire at Sielecka Street, on the premises of the “Elbud” company.
18. Concrete combat bunker next to Okopowa Street
19. Concrete combat bunker at  Fabryczna Street
20. Concrete combat bunker at J. Słowackiego Street, next to Dobromilska Gate.
21. Concrete combat bunker  number 1 at  XXI “Bakończyce” Fort.
22. Concrete combat bunker  number 2 at XXI “Bakończyce” Fort.

JPGNULL

JPGFour embrasure concrete combat bunker for double side fire with a combat and observation dome at the Marshal Józef Piłsudski Waterfront near the Gromada Hotel.

JPGNULL

JPGSingle room fortification for side fire at the President W. Wilson Waterfront by the Bridge named after R. Siwiec.

JPGNULL

JPGKaponiera 8813

JPGThe interior of the combat bunker at Marszałka J. Piłsudskiego Street

JPGThree embrasure concrete combat bunker for side fire with a combat and observation dome at Sanowa Street.

×

Zapisz się do newslettera

Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zgodnie z ustawą o ochronie danych osobowych w celu przesyłania newslettera. Podanie moich danych osobowych jest dobrowolne, ale niezbędne do realizacji usługi. Jestem świadomy/ma iż mam możliwość ich poprawiania, żądania zaprzestania ich przetwarzania lub wniesienia sprzeciwu wobec ich przetwarzania. Administratorem danych jest Gmina Miejska Przemyśl z siedzibą Rynek 1, 37-700 Przemyśl